Right, I'm a gadget fan. I love gadgets. If it's new then I want it; it's always been this way and I'm sure it will continue to be so for many more years (I even had a SONY(?) mini-disc player… don't ask!).
It was my nephew's birthday last week (4 years) and we went to see him today to take him his presents. Shopping for the presents was good fun, I always like to get them something that I enjoyed as a child in the hopes that they too might find it fun.
Right, along with every other Tom, Dick and Harry out there I am going to let you know which bits were my favourite bits from WWDC 2010. I will focus mainly on the iPhone as that is why I’m actually watching it, so here goes…
- An all new design – it’s made of glass and steel and is 24% thinner than the 3GS.
- A front camera.
- LED flash, 5x digital zoom, 5 megapixel, tap to focus
- Noise cancelling second mic.
- THREE built in antennas.
- RETINA display – this is a new type of display that displays 4x the amount of pixels in the same space! They are boasting that the iPhone 4 screen will have 78% of the pixels that an iPad has… but in a display that is the same size as an iPhone. That’s pretty impressive. This is a new technology! Here we are hoping that they put in the latest XYZ screen when in fact they have been working on their own. Apple never fail to amaze me (this is why I can’t understand the amount of effort put into Farmville!).
- 7 hours talk time/6 hours 3G browsing time/10 hrs Wi-Fi browsing/10 hrs video/40 hrs music/300 hrs standby.
- 3-axis gyroscope.
- HD video recording and iMovie (built in video editing) with one click sharing.
An early start for me this morning. I’m at the bus stop. I can’t sit down though because someone has decided to paint it. I don’t remember what it looked like last week but I don’t recall thinking that it needed a good lick of paint.Either way, I just hope that this isn’t a sign of things to come today. A positive mental attitude means that today can only go well. Yes, it’s going to be a great day. Even though I can’t find any change in my bag so I’m having to skip my morning cup of chamomile tea… It’s going to be a good day. Rinse and repeat. Juppppy
This email was sent on the move from my Apple iPhone.
There are loads of reasons to love Lewes, East Sussex. I won’t list them all but here are some of them…
Today I am dedicating the whole day to my essay on Tradition and Dissent in English Christianity. Which of course means that I will end up doing a couple of hours here and there and actually end up wanting to do things such as washing up, exercising and trying to find our camera battery charger that we’ve not seen since we went to Switzerland in August.
We British are so predictable, aren’t we? As soon as the sun pokes its head out from behind a cloud we rush around trying to find the BBQ that we stashed away last year. We then rush out to the supermarket to buy burgers, beer and salad. Yep, that’s what we do.So of course that’s what we just did. However, we’re so used to doing our grocery shopping online that we got a little carried away and one “cheap” BBQ, some limes, burgers, Bulmer’s, buns and Reggae Reggae sauce later we have spent £91 and we’re on our way home. I can’t help but think about how that is 1/6 of an iPad but hey ho, the sun is out and it’s the British way. I just hope it doesn’t rain… This email was sent on the move from my Apple iPhone.
I'm not even slightly jealous… okay, I am. Heatworld.com have been given access to the new BB house and they have described it as "beautiful" ! I wasn't excited but now I am. I can't wait.
Here are my favourite stories from the Daily Mail today (remember, if you like this post then please ReTweet!). These stores make me laugh every day so now you can have a giggle too…