…is it a moon or is it a saucepan?…
Corbeille de pains
Selection of breads – rye, rosemary, sourdough, flat bread, and baguette with butter
Gold medal winning Petit Lucques green olives
Prime rib-eye marinated in rosemary & garlic served with french fries and melted garlic buerre maison
Prime single muscle rump steak served with french fries and melted garlic buerre maison
Americano with mini chocolate sponge cake
Double espresso with mini creme brulee
– from my little sister.
1. My first ever apple cake made from apples from our garden.
2. Charity shop haul.
3. More high tea.
4. I took my Mum to see The Wizard of Oz in London.
5. Fish and chip shop decor.
1. We finally got our act together and got our new sofa.
2. Little Dragon – Shepherds Bush.
3. Mini mince pies.
4. I tried to capture the beautiful moon halo on the night of the eclipse.
5. Baby glitter deer and cupcake.
6. Work tree.
7. Lomo fisheye2 joined us.
8. Visited family for Christmas.
1. Happy New Year!
2. Starting wrecking my journal.
3. Learnt how to play poker.
1. I got the fanciest box of chocolates ever for Valentines day.
2. My big brother got married.
1. I made my first ever batch of peanut butter fudge.
2. I got my bake on and made some white chocolate and coconut brownies.
3. I went to a war museum in London with the Cub Scouts.
1. I got on with wrecking my journal some more.
2. @binaryjunkie came back from his quick trip to California.
3. Took one of my favourite pictures of our cat, Bo.
4. I got my Aspinal of London butterfly scarf.
5, 6 + 7. We went to Barcelona.
8. Leith Hill, Sussex.
9. Petworth House, Sussex.
1. Still in Barcelona (one of my favourite photos of me and @binaryjunkie outside the Science museum).
2 + 3. We went to Heston’s The Fat Duck.
4. A strange flower popped up in our garden (we now know it’s a peony).
1. Briefly had a pet grasshopper.
2. Fell in love with the Chamomile tea from Starbucks.
3. Enjoyed some Magners in Arundel.
4. I discovered Holga and got one of my very own.
5. We found that the creme brulee in Cote is amazing.
6. I also discovered a love for Hipstamatic (flower on our table at Pizza Express, Horsham).
1. A rose from our garden.
2. We went to Herstmonceux castle and the observatories.
3. I had one of the worst hangovers of my entire life. Actually, it was the worst.
4. I REALLY got into Hipstamatic.
5. The News of the world came to an end.
6. We went to Rochester.
7. Our garden.
8. The cat.
9. Water tower.
10. Yo! Sushi.
11. I got my Casio.
12. I joined craft club.
13. Olympus joined the camera family.
1. My Dad gave me the Polaroid 600SE.
2. I got treated with some Godiva.
3. We discovered mini puddings at Pizza Express.
4. We had a birthday tea with my parents.
5. I got an owl purse from a friend and a Mulberry oversized Alexa from @binaryjunkie for my birthday. This is us going on a day trip to Oxford.
6. It rained a lot for August.
7. I got my first Impossible Project film.
9. It rained more (from the bus).
10. I got my first Dymo.
11. We took @binaryjunkie’s mum for high tea in horsham for her birthday.
12. Birthday dinner with my parents.
13. Where I was given Diana mini by my sister.
14. I got Polaroid P from a charity shop for £8.99.
15. I signed up for 30 days of lists.
1. I went crazy for film.
2. I discovered OPI nail polish.
3. I started my Criminology degree.
4. My Cambridge satchel finally arrived.
5. I went to Portsmouth uni for induction.
6. Waiting for the bus to go to work.
I have been glancing at the Pentax Q for a while now, since it came out in about October this year. It reminds me of the Pentax 110, which is mini and very cute. They both have interchangeable lenses, which is very nifty for something so tiny.
I had a play with one in a shop yesterday and it is very nice to hold and very responsive. The little pop up flash is also quite something. There are a couple of lenses available for it at the moment, including a fish eye lens and toy camera lens, which is quite cool. It also has some lomo settings built in.
Here is the Pentax 110 (something I would have bought by now if the film wasn’t so tricky to get)…
[Photo taken from here]
Here is the Pentax Q…
[Photos taken from here]
I really want to add it to the family, but it seems a little unnecessary at the moment. Maybe if the price comes down a bit, although it is very reasonable at £549.99 [Pentax are also offering £100 cash back at the moment].
Maybe one day!
These are the cameras that I have in the camera family at the moment…
Holga 120CFN [analogue – takes 120 film]
Diana Mini [analogue – takes 35mm film]
Pentax K-20D [DSLR]
Olympus Trip 35 [analogue – takes 35mm film]
Ricoh XR-P [analogue – takes 35mm film]
Lomography Fisheye2 [analogue – takes 35mm film]
Polaroid P [instant – takes Polaroid 600 film]
Polaroid 600SE [instant – takes Polaroid 100 pack film]
Sony DSC-T2 [digital compact]
I also like to include my iPhone4 because it takes a lot of photos! I mainly use Hipstamastic and have a lot of the lenses and films that are available.
@binaryjunkie has a Pentax K5 that he loves using.
So as you can see, I don’t really need another one but… it is VERY cute!
…they are there when you are sad, they are there when you’re glad. You get a congratulations, a well done or a maybe next time when you most need it.
I think my Twitter friends are awesome. A special shout out to @sonikmummy who sent me a Christmas present this year.
Thank you. x
I discovered today that one of my favourite shops from Brighton has opened in Lewes, East Sussex… Silverado. I celebrated by buying myself a post Christmas treat.
I’ve been looking for some hummingbirds for a while and these are perfect.
We also went to The Real Food Co. and had some food – Welsh rarebit for him and Eggs Benedict for me. Beautiful.
1. Get married.
2. Have a child.
3. Get a degree.
4. Go to at least 50% of the states of America.
5. Go on a cruise.
6. Fly first class.
7. Go skiing.
8. See a whale.
9. Stay in the prison hotel in Bath.
10. Do a sky jump.
11. Complete a 4 week detox.
12. Keep a diary for an entire year.
13. Camp on a beach over night.
14. Go to another country for a month.
15. Read the Bible.
16. Visit India.
17. Do a photography course.
18. Sell at least one photograph.
19. Go to a Jazz club.
20. Play a full round of golf.
21. Attend an American hockey game.
22. Attend an American baseball game.
23. See England play an important football game.
24. Go on a snowmobile.
25. Stay at an Ice Hotel.
26. Sleep in a tree house.
27. See a rocket launch.
28. See the Northern lights.
29. Go to Paris.
30. Play a table game in a casino.
31. Use a pottery wheel.
32. Make my own wine.
33. Make my own jam.
34. Get an autograph.
35. Get a photograph published on a website or in paper.
36. Have high tea at a posh London hotel.
37. Go in a hot tub in the snow/winter.
38. Grown a vegetable and eat it.
39. Go cheese tasting.
40. Stay in a log cabin.
41. Go to Pride.
42. Go to a drive in movie.
43. Drink Absinthe.
44. Go to a music fesitval.
45. Take a photo of a galaxy.
46. Experience fasting.
47. Have a facial treatment.
48. Have a manicure.
49. Sleep in a lighthouse.
50. Pick strawberries.
51. Travel on an over night train.
52. Buy something on eBay and re-sell it for a profit.
53. Ride a motorbike.
54. Attend a ballet.
55. Attend an opera.
56. Own or co-own property.
57. Attend a cooking class.
58. Make my own piece of silver jewellery.
59. See penguins in the wild.
60. Travel from one country to another by train.
61. Attend La Tomatina.
62. Own something by Alexander McQueen.
63. Meditate every day for 1 month.
64. Carve something from a piece of wood.
65. Go on a retreat.
66. Buy something at auction.
67. Go to Japan.
68. See a new year in whilst in another country.
69. See Niagra falls.
70. Visit Canada.
71. See a pyramid.
72. Visit every continent.
73. Go on safari.
74. Ride on a quad bike .
75. Hike the Inca trail.
76. See two films in a row at the cinema.
77. Sleep on a boat (the cruise ship doesn’t count).
78. Visit Thailand.
79. Holiday on the Amalfi coast.
80. Make my own soap.
81. Go in a hot air balloon.
82. Learn sign language.
83. Go to a Christmas market abroad.
84. Make an outfit.
85. Make a camera.
86. Go to Easter Island.
87. Go on a 5 mile walk.
88. Go to 20 Hard Rock Cafes (there are 150).
89. Raise £1,000 for charity.
90. Visit the lava in Iceland.
91. Eat at 5 Michelin star restaurants.
92. See a Shakespeare play.
93. Visit Mexico.
94. Visit New Zealand.
95. Hold a monkey.
96. Make my own pasta.
97. See the sun rise and set in the same day.
98. Visit New York again.
99. Do a 48 silence.
100. Take a week off to volunteer somewhere.
What a fantastic Christmas we have had so far. I say so far because we are both off work for the first time ever over Christmas, until the 3rd of January.
We had a lovely Christmas morning at home, eating waffles with cream and syrup followed by present opening and general lounging. Then in the afternoon we went to the boyfriend’s parents house for more lounging and Christmas dinner. We spoke to his brother, sister-in-law and nephew in Australia and had general Christmas family time. It was wonderful.
Yesterday, boxing day, we went to my parents’ house to see my mum, dad, sister, her boyfriend, his son, nephew, niece, brother and sister-in-law. Again, it was just wonderful family time. This is my favourite time of the year because it gets everyone together. There’s also very little drama within my close family, so it’s a time of joy – not dread. My niece is 7 and she painted my nails, I have to say that she did a splendid job!
I’ve seen some other posts with Christmas presents, so I’m going to share what my boyfriend got me. I’ll share some of the gifts from my family over the next few days – I was completely overwhelmed and very grateful – they spoilt us rotten.
So, from the boyfriend…
1. Alex Monroe bicycle necklace. I’ve had my eye on this for a long while now (I think it came out early 2010?) and I think it’s beautiful. The wheels go round and there is a diamond for the front light and a ruby for the brake light. It’s so delicate and pretty.
2. Spiced nuts from the Arabica food and spice company. These most likely came from Selfridges food hall as he words near there. I’ve not opened them yet but they are a mix of nuts – cashews, peanuts, pistacios, etc.
3. Gold Casio. I’ve got the silver one but sometimes I like to bling up my accessories and wear some gold – this means that I’ve got to go watchless. Now I don’t need to! Wooo.
4. Pukka fennel, aniseed and cardimon tea. I had some of this yesterday and it’s absolutely delicious. I highly recommend if you like fennel tea.
5. Fisheye 2 from Lomography.com. I spent the last two days getting up in everyone’s faces getting fisheye pictures. It’s been a laugh! This one has a brushed metal body and lens which is quite special. Takes 35mm film. Can’t wait to get my first one developed!
6. Jelly Bean Factory – can of Jelly beans – he knows how much I love these 🙂 I’ve got just over half a can left – oops!
7. Godiva chocolate selection. I adore Godiva.
8. Rita Fahri selection of yogurt, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and cinnamon covered almonds.
9. Tea Palace rose tea – when we were on holiday in the New Forrest I fell in love with black tea with rose and so he tracked some down for me. The tin is beautiful – not tried the tea yet.
10. A book to go with my new sewing machine (birthday present). It has loads and loads in it and I can’t wait to get started on it.
11. Twinings rose tea. These are super handy because they are also black tea with rose but they are in a bag, which will be nice for work. Because I don’t know about you but I don’t take a tea strainer to work with me. These are in a lovely tea caddy.
12. Cranberry Chutney Yankee candle in a large jar. I’ve got this burning now and our living room smells like Christmas. Yum!
So there we have it. I feel very special – he was so thoughtful and I really appreciate it. Now to enjoy the rest of our time off together… bliss!