…I’ve finally made my first ever batch of truffles. I’ve been wanting to make them for years. Here we have white chocolate and lemon…
This is what I used…
- 200g white chocolate [I used Menier white chocolate from Waitrose]
- 50g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of extra thick double cream
- a pinch of salt
- a teaspoon of lemon extract – splash out and get a good one, it’s the main flavour
- yellow gel food colouring – you don’t have to use this but I just used a teeny bit for a hint of yellow
- icing sugar – this is just for dusting, no sugar goes into the truffles
What I did…
- I melted the white chocolate, butter, and cream together in the microwave. You can do it in a bowl over some boiling water. I partially melted it all in the microwave and then just stirred until it was one.
- Add the pinch of salt, lemon extract, and colouring [if you’re using it]. Stir.
- Allow to cool for 30 mins, at least, and then cover and put in the fridge for at least 4 hours – the longer the better.
- Scoop out the mixture and roll in your palm to make little balls, then roll around on a plate of icing sugar.
Voila! Keep in the fridge for up to one week. I don’t think they will last that long!
This recipe made me approximately 40 good sized truffles.
Please let me know if you try it out!