Here is my bucket list. I created it in December 2011 and I’ve moved it to a new page so that I can update it as, and when, I manage to complete something from it. I will also make notes here and there…
1. Get married.
– We are engaged, so we’re getting there! [14/09/2012]
2. Have a child.
3. Get a degree.
– I am due to graduate in 2016 with a degree in Crime & Criminology. I just have to keep my head down. [14/09/2012]
4. Go to at least 50% of the states of America.
– 5 so far – California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New York. [14/09/2012]
5. Go on a cruise.
– We went on a dinner cruise in Prague, but I’m not counting that! [14/09/2012]
6. Fly first class.
7. Go skiing.
8. See a whale.
9. Stay in the prison hotel in Bath.
10. Do a sky jump.
11. Complete a 4 week detox.
– I’ve only ever managed 3 weeks before. [14/09/2012]
12. Keep a diary for an entire year.
13. Camp on a beach over night.
14. Go to another country for a month.
15. Read the Bible.
16. Visit India.
17. Do a photography course.
– I started a photography course, but I wasn’t enjoying the content so I didn’t finish it. I’ll do another one though, once I’m working within the Police force. [14/09/2012]
18. Sell at least one photograph.
19. Go to a Jazz club.
– We went to a Jazz restaurant this year, and it was beautiful, but I’m not counting it. [14/09/2012]
20. Play a full round of golf.
21. Attend an American hockey game.
22. Attend an American baseball game.
23. See England play an important football game.
24. Go on a snowmobile.
25. Stay at an Ice Hotel.
26. Sleep in a tree house.
27. See a rocket launch.
28. See the Northern lights.
29. Go to Paris.
– I actually went to Paris, some time in the 90s, however, I wanted to go again so that’s why it is on the list. DONE :: May 2012 [14/09/2012]
30. Play a table game in a casino.
– We had a casino at our work Christmas party, and I played at the table there, but I’m not counting it. [14/09/2012]
31. Use a pottery wheel.
32. Make my own wine.
33. Make my own jam.
34. Get an autograph.
35. Get a photograph published on a website or in paper.
36. Have high tea at a posh London hotel.
37. Go in a hot tub in the snow/winter.
38. Grow a vegetable and eat it.
39. Go cheese tasting.
40. Stay in a log cabin.
41. Go to Pride.
42. Go to a drive in movie.
43. Drink Absinthe.
44. Go to a music fesitval.
45. Take a photo of a galaxy.
– I have finally seen a galaxy! On my birthday this year I saw Andromeda. It was beautiful. I have not yet photographed one, but I feel like I’ve taken a step closer. [14/09/2012]
46. Experience fasting.
47. Have a facial treatment.
48. Have a manicure.
49. Sleep in a lighthouse.
50. Pick strawberries.
51. Travel on an over night train.
52. Buy something on eBay and re-sell it for a profit.
53. Ride a motorbike.
54. Attend a ballet.
55. Attend an opera.
56. Own or co-own property.
57. Attend a cooking class.
58. Make my own piece of silver jewellery.
59. See penguins in the wild.
60. Travel from one country to another by train.
– We went on the Euro tunnel this year, twice! I’m going to count it for now, but I want to do it ‘properly’, as a foot passenger, to somewhere a little more exotic! [14/09/2012]
61. Attend La Tomatina.
62. Own something by Alexander McQueen.
63. Meditate every day for 1 month.
64. Carve something from a piece of wood.
65. Go on a retreat.
66. Buy something at auction.
67. Go to Japan.
68. See a new year in whilst in another country.
69. See Niagra falls.
70. Visit Canada.
71. See a pyramid.
72. Visit every continent.
73. Go on safari.
74. Ride on a quad bike .
75. Hike the Inca trail.
– This one might be tricky – I’ve heard some things about it and I really suffer badly from altitude sickness, so I’d have to really research it and may have to replace this one with another. [14/09/2012]
76. See two films in a row at the cinema.
77. Sleep on a boat (the cruise ship doesn’t count).
78. Visit Thailand.
79. Holiday on the Amalfi coast.
80. Make my own soap.
81. Go in a hot air balloon.
82. Learn sign language.
83. Go to a Christmas market abroad.
84. Make an outfit.
85. Make a camera.
86. Go to Easter Island.
87. Go on a 5 mile walk.
88. Go to 20 Hard Rock Cafes (there are 150).
89. Raise £1,000 for charity.
90. Visit the lava in Iceland.
91. Eat at 5 Michelin star restaurants.
– I’ve eaten at The Fat Duck [Heston’s place]. 4 more to go. [14/09/2012]
92. See a Shakespeare play.
93. Visit Mexico.
94. Visit New Zealand.
95. Hold a monkey.
96. Make my own pasta.
97. See the sun rise and set in the same day.
98. Visit New York again.
99. Do a 48 hour silence.
100. Take a week off to volunteer somewhere.
101. See the Terracotta Army.
– I’ve just added this one because it’s something that I’ve always wanted to see, and it should have been on this list. [14/09/2012]